The Australian Lure Coursing Association Limited (ALCA) is a national association of clubs and associations that undertake the sport of lure coursing. It is a body whose primary focus is to develop, administer and promote the sport of lure coursing within Australia.
The vision of the ALCA is for all dogs to be able to participate in the sport at the same level and on an equal basis for their enjoyment and health.
The Australian Lure Coursing Association was established in 2013 to ensure a consistent approach to the sport of lure coursing across Australia.
The mission of the Australian Lure Coursing Association Limited is to promote and administer the sport of Lure Coursing in Australia at a national level.
Objectives of the ALCA
- To form a National Body with unified rules, for those member clubs or associations that want to affiliate.
- To provide training for new clubs in the sport of lure coursing.
- To incorporate Lure Coursing Judges and their training at a national Level.
- To conduct national lure coursing competitions.
- To cater for the demand of various up and coming groups of people who want to have and operate their lure coursing clubs in an organized and professional manner.
- To promote the sport of lure coursing as a sport in which all dogs can participate equally.